Wilam: A Birrarung Story
In this stunning picture book, respected Elder Aunty Joy Murphy and Yarra River keeper Andrew Kelly tell the story of one day in the life of the vital, flourishing Birrarung (Yarra river).
As ngua rises, Bunjil soars over mountain ash, flying higher and higher as the wind warms. Below, Birrarung begins its long winding path down to palem warreen. Wilam – home. Yarra River keeper Andrew Kelly joins award-winning picture book duo Aunty Joy Murphy and Lisa Kennedy to tell the Indigenous and geographical story of Melbourne’s beautiful Yarra river, from its source to its mouth; from its pre-history to the present day.
- Author: Andrew Kelly and Aunty Joy Murphy
- Illustrator: Lisa Kennedy
- ISBN: 9781925381764
- Publisher: Walker Books Australia
- Date of Publication: April 2019
- Number of Pages: 40
- Product Dimensions (cm): 25.5 x 29.4