Extinct: Tyrannosaurus Rex
TV scientist Ben Garrod presents the biggest extinction events ever, told from the point of view of evolution's superstars, the most incredible animals ever to swim, stalk, slither or walk our planet. Whether you're 9 or 90, his unique exploration of the most destructive, yet most creative, force in nature makes top level science fun.
Usually a species has 10 million years or so of evolving, eating, chasing, playing, maybe doing homework, or even going to the moon before it goes extinct.
Tyrannosaurus rex, the most famous and the most misunderstood superstar in the story of life! This mightiest of dinosaurs – massive, green and scaly – or, as we now know, massive and partially feathered, with a keen sense of hearing, smell and great vision dominated the Cretaceous landscape. Everyone knows about the giant asteroid which struck Earth 66 million years ago ending the Age of the Dinosaurs. Or did it?
- Past brought to full-colour life by palaeoartist Gabriel Ugueto
- Ask an Expert contributions from leading scientists
- Glossary and pronunciation guide
- Author: Ben Garrod
- Illustrator: Gabriel Ugueto
- ISBN: 9781838935399
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing
- Date of Publication: 5th January 2023
- Number of Pages: 128
- Format: Paperback
- Product Dimensions (cm): 21 x 15 x 1.5