Treasures of the Earth!
These semi-precious stones are some of nature's gems in a handy pocket-size form. Sustainably sourced from around the world, these geological specimens exhibit incredible physical and chemical properties, and have been used by human beings for millennia:
- Agate is generally found in pockets within volcanic rock formations, and was used by the Ancient Greeks in jewellery, as well as in hardstone carving.
- Quartz is one of the most abundant minerals in the Earth's crust, and is naturally forming glass - composed of irregular crystalline silica.
- The colour of Rose Quartz, for all its beauty, is actually caused by impurities in the silicate matrix - generally contaminated with titanium, iron, and/or manganese.
- Amethyst, the beautiful violet quartz, is coloured by irradiation and impurities from metals like iron and the transition elements.
- Turquenite is a dyed form of Howlite (naturally off-white in colour), to give it the appearance of Turquoise - a semi precious stone used in jewellery by both the Aztecs and the Persians.
- Obsidian is made in igneous lava flows from crystalline silicate structures - giving it the moniker 'volcanic glass'. It was used by the native people of the Americas for arrowheads and knives before the introduction of metal implements by Europeans.
These are small pieces approximately 3cm in diameter, not recommended for small children. Each piece is unique, and so there will be some variation between items.
Some delays may be experienced in receiving your parcel due to current freight capacity issues.
We recommend allowing extra time or considering delivery via Express Post.